- Preserve access to quality, public sailing/riding sites
- Promote stoke for windsurfing, kiteboarding, and snowkiting locally through events, video adrenalin, camaraderie, and uninhibited web posting
- Help newcomers get started, safely
- Keep the windriding community connected and safe mainly with this web site
- Save Rush!
Windsport as well as physical exercise in general seems to be a zen/spiritual experience for most people. This is apparent as you listen to people talk about their last great windriding experience or look in their eyes as they come off of the snow or water after a sweet session. The Utah Windrider's Association would like to be a shining example to all windriding communities that any kind of maligned negativity whether political or personal, or elitism is not welcome or necessary within its realms.
Because of this spiritual nature, we would love to see Windsurfing, Kiteboarding, Snowkiting and all other windsports keep that mystical edge by maintaining a positive vibe that the wind brings...
We believe that our individual windsports seed the growth and existence of each other and there should be an unsolicited mutual respect amongst us. That respect should transcend age and ability.
Good natured competition that allows one to push the envelope of their windsport, safely... Bring it on! But don't kite or sail over your head... Be smart... Talk to those experienced at a location before you try it... Learn the rules of EVERY location you kite or sail so that you don't ruin it for the rest of us.
The Boards/Elected Officers
- Rick Heninger - Board Member... Website Board Cell 801-635-6699 email
- Josh Shirley - Windsurf Chair
- Rick McClain - Inter-rim Membership Chairperson (Vern Stokes to be confirmed)
- Sarah Ranes - Windsurfing Activities Chair
- Bob "Trip" Houk - Secretary/Treasurer
- Craig Goudie - Windsurfing
- Kenny Farnsworth - Kiteboarding
- Marty Lowe - Kiteboarding
- Craig Goudie- Utah Weather Guru and Windsurfing Addict- Has given the Utah Windsurfers Association, which became the Utah Windriders Association circa 2005 helpful weather guidance year after year.
- Kenny Farnsworth- Utah's Kiteboarding/Snowkiting Session getter Extraordinaire-In 2008 volunteered to forecast the weather during the winter months for snow riding when Craig takes a break
- Josh Gubler- Website Maintenance.
- Mark Johnson & Fred Gruendell - Historian/Photographer
- April 2011 Annual Meeting Minutes
- April 2010 Annual Meeting with UWA Bylaws
- April 2009 Annual Meeting
- May 2008 Annual Meeting
- April 2007 Annual Meeting
Brief History of the UWA
- Presidents of the UWA have been: Dimitri Milovich (Founder) 19??-19?? - Grant McAllister 19??-2002 - Mike Rossberg 2002-2007 ~ Rick Heninger 2007-Present
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION