Moved down from Montana, any riding partners?

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Moved down from Montana, any riding partners?

Postby CalGaddis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Hey Everybody,
My name's Cal and I lived in Logan, UT until I moved to Montana for school 3 years ago. Just graduated and wanted to move to Salt Lake but I don't know anybody around here that goes Kiting.
I just started last year in Bozeman and have been 10-20 times. Still sort of a beginner but can definitely go out and ride and have fun. My first time riding ever was on my 12m in 26-28 mph conditions, soooooo you could say I learned the hard way haha. I'm a really friendly guy that likes the outdoors and hanging out with friends, MTB, snowboard, ski, and camping.
Let me know if anybody wants to exchange numbers and go kiting after the holiday or whenever it snows.
Pray for snow!!!!!!
Cal
CalGaddis

Re: Moved down from Montana, any riding partners?

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey Cal,

Did you get your Dad back into snowkiting yet?

Skyline is good to go. Go hit it up.

Jacob Buzianis
Jacob Buzianis

Re: Moved down from Montana, any riding partners?

Postby CalGaddis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am

Hey Jacob!
How have you been? I've been working on getting him out but he says he needs to find new boot since his old ones hurt his feet so bad. Excuses.... but he's excited about it. Ok I'll definitely go check that out. Now I live in Utah I'm excited to be so close to Skyline, such an amazing place.
I'll be seeing you up there!
-Cal
CalGaddis

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum