OldMan from the sea

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

OldMan from the sea

Postby edgel gillespie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello all,
Been living here for the past 20+ years, came from Florida by way of Texas.
Love the water, just been busy raising a family and the such wonders of life.
Anyways, had an old Bic given to me a few years back for doing some work, picked up an old racing sloop and H16 in some trading.
Well, new guy on forum, old man from the east coast, so so wind rider, too old for fancy tricks, but can at least hoist a sail and ride the water.
Have 4 kids who want to learn the tricks of the board and sailing too, great for me.
Live in Clinton and will be heading to Willard tomorrow after the kids get out of school.

Maximo
Maximo
Dawg of Dawgs
Old Man from the Sea
edgel gillespie

Re: OldMan from the sea

Postby waltmed » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't have a solid plan, but was hoping to get up to Willard Saturday or Sunday if Craig's prediction holds... Have never kited there being a few months new here myself, but scoped out the North Park a couple of months ago - bet more fun launching your windsurf rig there than a kite! Please post onsite if you go.
waltmed

Re: OldMan from the sea

Postby Craig Goudie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 am

Greetings Max,

I hope you find your reintroduction to wind riding a most pleasant experience.
Welcome aboard.

-Craig

edgel gillespie wrote:Hello all,
Been living here for the past 20+ years, came from Florida by way of Texas.
Love the water, just been busy raising a family and the such wonders of life.
Anyways, had an old Bic given to me a few years back for doing some work, picked up an old racing sloop and H16 in some trading.
Well, new guy on forum, old man from the east coast, so so wind rider, too old for fancy tricks, but can at least hoist a sail and ride the water.
Have 4 kids who want to learn the tricks of the board and sailing too, great for me.
Live in Clinton and will be heading to Willard tomorrow after the kids get out of school.

Maximo
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum