looking for kite buddies

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

looking for kite buddies

Postby MikeWhite » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am

Hi All,
Don't blog so hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm heading to SLC on Monday for two weeks and would like to add some kiting to my trip. I plan on taking my 12m (largest kite I have). What are the spots close to SLC that I can check out? What is the best way/sight to keep an eye on the wind conditions? Does ikitesurf have a set up at any of the locations? Any info you can give me would be fantastic!
Thanks!!
MikeWhite

Re: looking for kite buddies

Postby Craig Goudie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi Mike,

I suggest you have a look at the Weather tab above, and check out the "Snowkite Specific Weather" section.
Then, if you're looking for Kiters to join, you might try KWA on facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/6423360 ... 8/?fref=nf
You'll probably get a little more action there than here.

Good luck

-Craig

MikeWhite wrote:Hi All,
Don't blog so hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm heading to SLC on Monday for two weeks and would like to add some kiting to my trip. I plan on taking my 12m (largest kite I have). What are the spots close to SLC that I can check out? What is the best way/sight to keep an eye on the wind conditions? Does ikitesurf have a set up at any of the locations? Any info you can give me would be fantastic!
Thanks!!
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Re: looking for kite buddies

Postby MikeWhite » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks!
MikeWhite

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum