New from AZ and Santa Barbara

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New from AZ and Santa Barbara

Postby nick conte » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:32 am

Howdy Friends,

I was heading back with my boys after our pumpkin patch train ride in heber and on the way back, what a surprise; I see kites flying over DeerCreek! WOOOHOO

The first bit of research I did in the area shown a few pioneers on testing the lake but I couldn't find any sensors to follow or people to hook up with. I had decided to hold out for snowkiting. I pulled over and was told about this place and bit of basic info. I haven't kited in about 2 years and it's been devastating :) I moved to AZ from SB where I learned to kite over 2 seasons. I'm still a bit fresh but know the basics. I can't wait to meet up with the crew out here and meet some new friends.

I'm still don't quite understand the wind patterns in the area. I'd love to head out to either Deer Creek or SSB with someone if I could tag along, I'd really appreciate it.

I fly a lightblue/white 12 Caution, hope to see you all around.

:)))

Best,
Nick
nick conte

Re: New from AZ and Santa Barbara

Postby scottjknell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Nick, I'm a long time windsurfer turned kiter this summer. I'm thinking about going to DC tomorrow, but like you, I'm new to kiting this area and have zero experience at DC. Let me know if you are going out tomorrow.

Scott
801-518-5067
scottjknell

Postby nick conte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:29 am

Anyone want to make a couple bucks and show me the ropes on the snow? Know of a good instructor otherwise that's around?
All the best.

TIA!!
Nick
nick conte

Postby Eric Gustafson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey Nick,
If you would like a lesson, give me a call or email,774-722-0764
Eric
Funseekers.org
Eric Gustafson

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum