Useful information for those heading to or just thinking about the Columbia River Gorge.
For those of you who remember the 3.5 Pocket guide, This is most of it on line. Extremely useful for first timers, it gives good information about how to get to the launches and what conditions to expect.
Shamelessly Commercial Links
These are links to commercial enterprises in the HoodRiver area, a good place to look before you breakdown in the middle of the barge lane.
- Windance - Almost anything a boardhead could want. The best on-line store I've
seen. With Dave Nunn as the new owner, kiteboarding equipment
has been added, along with a much friendlier store layout.
- Big Winds
- Cascade Custom Sailboards
- Open Ocean Custom Sailboards
- Brian Hinde, legendary shaper, provides full custom flavor to
every board he tailor makes to your request. Try a demo and see
if this isn't THE Gorge board for you.
- RealWind Custom Sailboards
- Doyle Custom Sailboards
- Gorge Sport Fins - Are you a tech geek? You want an earful about fins? Bill Kline is the man.
- Bruce Peterson and the gang will do you right.
- Windwing - Now located
nearly River Front. See it to the Northeast of the exit
off the freeway towards the event site.
- Northwave -
Moved Riverside in 2008 in the West corner of the industrial
building just west of the Event Site, right next to the new
launch and the new Hood River River Front Park.
- The Gorge Surf Shop
- Scotty and Bart are there to make your high wind equipment dreams come
Copyright 2011, Utah Windriders Association