Where to Ride 2/20 - Friday Updated

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/20 - Friday Updated

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 am

Wind is still going strong at PowMow and Skyline, it has backed down at Strawberry - check the observations before you go...

Looks like a good day for riding. I think I will head to Strawberry this afternoon.

PowMow is already nice and windy with SW winds in the low 20's. I expect it will remain good the rest of the day.

Strawberry is also blowing nicely this AM and should continue throughout the day, may fade a bit late afternoon. Expect mid to upper teens

Skyline is good as well, expect mid to upper teens.

High pressure builds in tomorrow. Saturday and Sunday look promising at Pineview in the low to mid-teens. May get lucky elsewhere, but right now it is looking pretty windless.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride 2/20 - Friday Updated

Postby adamsuper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:27 pm

Where is Pineview located?
adamsuper

Re: Where to Ride 2/20 - Friday Updated

Postby Rick McClain » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I'd like to point out that the "Forcasts - Where to Ride" forum is not the place to ask questions like "Where is Pineview", because it then is emailed to everyone that has subscribed to the Forecasts forum. The "Forecast" forum is just that; for forecasts and information about where the wind is blowing now or tomorrow. That question should have been asked on the Main Message Board or Newcomers and Transplants forum....that being said, here's the answer:
Go to the UWA Site. At the top of almost all pages, there is a set of links, starting with Weather, 2008 Calendar, Local Sites & Maps... Click on Local Sites & Maps. then click on the link, under UWA Google Maps, with a red dot next to it called UWA Places. A great map with virtually all the sailing and kiting sites in Utah and surrounding states will come up with icons indicating what kind of wind sport is practiced there. Just zoom in or look along the left edge for a list of sites.
It's a fantastic resource that all members can contribute to.

In the future, please keep the email bandwidth down by asking questions on the appropriate forum.

Thanks, Rick McClain
Rick McClain

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride