Where to Ride 2/24 Tuesday - Updated

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/24 Tuesday - Updated

Postby Kenny » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Looking much more windy today.

PowMow is already honking in the mid to upper-twenties, may be a good day to try Monte. Skyline should be good for wind in the mid to upper-teens this afternoon. Park City is already blowing nicely in the mid-teens. I think there is enough of a south wind that Strawberry will offer up some rides at the Marina or Cabins. However, just remember that at Strawberry the wind tends to be lighter on a SW and can come and go.

Wednesday is looking like another snow day, but depending on the timing of the front you might get some good riding in before the storm. These fronts are out of the south so we don't get the typical north clearing wind, just more SW wind. The SW wind amplifies right before the storm and is kind of weak thereafter. The valley should see more rain, so unless it gets a lot colder, I am not going to bother forecasting for Rush or the valley locations. I wonder if Rush is liquid yet? Anyone check it out recently? The warm temps may have thawed it enough for riding.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride