Where to Ride 2/19 - Thursday - Updated

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/19 - Thursday - Updated

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Forecast is on track for today - PowMow and Evanston look like the best bet on big kites with a chance at Skyline. Tomorrow is looking better, but it will still be big kite/big board action. Saturday is looking weak, does anyone know what the coverage is like at Pineview? Saturday may be a good morning for the inversion thermal.

Thursday is looking like a very light day. Best bets for wind are PowMow & Evanston, expect low to mid teens. You might get lucky at Skyline on a light afternoon west wind, probably sub 10, but Skyline can surprise you and deliver the goods especially from that direction.

Doesn't look promising anywhere else, unless of course you have a snowmobile, if you do be careful the backcountry avalanche danger is still considerable.

Friday is looking a little better with a dry front forecasted to clip overhead and give us a bit of wind. Should be enough to turn on PowMow, Strawberry and Skyline. Stay tuned.

Saturday is looking like a Pineview thermal day and possibly light winds at Evanston. Sunday the wind starts to turn SE with a promise of rides at Skyline and PowMow, not sure if it will be enough for Strawberry.

Okay how about another restaurant review. I don't always eat in small ethnic dives. When it is time to celebrate an anniversary (or any other excuse I can think of) my wife and like to go to Bambara Restaurant. Bambara is located on the street level of the Hotel Monaco at 2nd S. and Main in downtown Salt Lake City. The food has a southwestern ascent, but I would describe it as excellent continental dining with a mix of steak and seafood offerings. I think the food at Bambara is as good as The Metropolitan, but the portion sizes are a bit larger and the prices are slightly better. My favorite dishes are the salmon cooked on a cedar plank. They cook the salmon medium and it is served with an excellent corn salsa. The best dish on the menu in my opinion is the seared ahi. I have tried a lot of seared ahi over the years as it is one of my favorite foods. The ahi is butter soft and is served with a delicious miso sauce and an herbed rice that is slightly crunchy on the outside and tender in the middle - excellent. The house made vanilla ice cream and creme brulee are both superb and not to be missed. The ambiance is relaxing and comfortable. The wait staff is helpful, but not overly attentive. Once you try it, you will be thinking of more special occasions to celebrate. Entrees are priced from $20 - $35.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to Ride 2/19 - Thursday - Updated

Postby bob allen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:40 am

it looks on at Strawberry
bob allen

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride