Where to Ride 2/26

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to Ride 2/26

Postby Kenny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:35 am

The southern winds and higher temps have made the snow conditions less favorable. I was at Brighton last night and the base was a bit icy. However, it snowed 3-4" while I was there. I hope the same thing happened at our riding locations.

Looks like another windy day on tap. PowMow is already blowing hard and it will probably continue to blow strong all day long in the mid 20's or higher. Skyline looks like it will also be windy, expect wind in the high teen's, low 20's with stronger gusts.

There may be enough wind to ride Strawberry today as well at the Marina, Ladders or Cabins.

Park City should also be rideable this afternoon with wind in the mid teens.

Tomorrow we have a cold front coming through, but it is not forecast to drop a lot of snow. We should have clearing NW wind in the afternoon. It looks like Strawberry will go off with NW wind in the mid to upper teens. We should also have wind at the Snowkite Masters down at Skyline on Friday. Expect the wind to be more gusty there compared to Strawberry in the mid to upper teens. Park City should also be decent with wind in the mid-teens.

Saturday the wind is looking like a light SE breeze at Skyline with high pressure building. Fortunately, the wind should pick up from the south again on Sunday.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride