Beginner Kiter Rush Sunday 6/24

Let people know when you're headed out.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, Time"
Example:
04/10/2010 Rush Lake ~5PM It's gonna blow 3.7!

Beginner Kiter Rush Sunday 6/24

Postby merebea danforth » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm hoping to make it out to Rush on Sunday if conditions look good. I took some kiteboarding lessons in Texas about a month ago and have finally gotten all of my gear. I hear Rush is better with north winds, especially for a beginner. Might anyone else be out on Sunday?
merebea danforth

Re: Beginner Kiter Rush Sunday 6/24

Postby andrewcarey44 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:49 am

Merebea,

I am going to be headed to rush today and will be there around noon. I am a similar transplant beginner like you and have ridden rush at least two dozen times this year. it is a great place to get back into it! I haven't been there for a few weeks tho, does anyone know how the algae is doing and the water level? Merebea do you know how to get down to the beach from the road? Here is my number 801-541-9339
andrewcarey44

Postby merebea danforth » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Andrew,

Sorry I didn't get back on the thread. My weekend got pretty crazy, and the gusty winds we saw in the city turned me off. I'm hoping I may make it out on Friday morning or this weekend depending on the forecast. It will be my first time out to Rush.
merebea danforth

Postby andrewcarey44 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 am

Hey no problem! It was pretty crazy out there. Rush is still rideable but it is losing water quick. The deepest part I could find was no more than two feet deep. It's a great place to learn because of that. Let me know when you are going to go out.
andrewcarey44

Return to It's Blowing I'm Going