Beginner at Rush Evening Tuesday 7/24??

Let people know when you're headed out.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, Time"
Example:
04/10/2010 Rush Lake ~5PM It's gonna blow 3.7!

Beginner at Rush Evening Tuesday 7/24??

Postby merebea danforth » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:09 pm

I see Craig has forecasted north winds at Rush on Tuesday, and I'm thinking that may be a good time for me to finally get out. I'm hoping to get another gal out who has kited on snow a few winters but is new to the board as well. Might anyone else be out there Tuesday evening?
merebea danforth

Re: Beginner at Rush Evening Tuesday 7/24??

Postby merebea danforth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:57 am

Has anyone been to Rush recently? I'm worried the water is a bit too low. Maybe I should be thinking Utah Lake instead?....
merebea danforth

Postby AndyBlunt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 am

I was out there late last week. There are about 6 inches of water at it's deepest. You can kite in that shallow of water. But if you're just learning you'll be spending a lot of time not on your board planing. That means you'll be sitting and slogging in 6 inches of stinky muddy muck. It's really, really stinky. If you put your kite down it'll get all gobbed in the mud and your lines will get caught up in the weeds just below the water.

I can't say I won't go out there again before the lake is totally gone but with the water so low there and the mud it makes for a miserable time for a beginner.
AndyBlunt

Postby merebea danforth » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks so much for the info. Andy. I also don't like the possibility of getting dragged in 6" of water and mud, so I think I'll wait on Rush until next spring. Would you recommend Lincoln Beach for me?
merebea danforth

Return to It's Blowing I'm Going