Windsurfing Lessons

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Windsurfing Lessons

Postby Josh Shirley » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:26 am

Some shameless self promotion.

I teach windsurfing lessons.
Certified with US Sailing for 12 years.
And now a certified instructor with WIPA Windsurfing.

If you are looking for lessons contact me.

We use beginner specific gear.
We get you to the right beaches during the right wind conditions.

Learning to windsurf is not hard with the right instruction, gear, and conditions.
I can shorten the learning curve.

First lessons cover: getting up and going, steering, and tacking (turning around).
Simplified lessons that get you on the water, learning on the water, and focused on a good experience.
90% of the participants are moving around and accomplish those 3 goals on the first lesson.

Beyond the first lesson: we focus on adding a new skill with each lesson with a goal of being a well rounded Utah windsurfer.

Thanks for looking.

Josh Shirley
(801) 910-4469
josh@windsurfutah.com
https://windsurfutah.com
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Re: Windsurfing Lessons/Highly recommend Josh!

Postby John Dubock » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Josh has the gear, the experience and I've watched near rookies learn so fast under his tutoring. Well worth your time.
John Dubock

Re: Windsurfing Lessons

Postby RickHeninger » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:10 pm

Agreed, call Josh.

You might pay a little up front, but you will potentially save a lot of time and money in psychological counselling, health bills, rescue bills, gel coat bills, bad gear purchase decisions, rigging hours, gas driving to fruitless locations, possible family unity to name just a few of the benefits.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum