Parking area gone at Deer Creek. you can help!

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Parking area gone at Deer Creek. you can help!

Postby bordy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am

Attention users of Deer Creek. Udot has been installing guardrails along Deer Ceek. These rails have blocked several parking pull out that have been used since the lake was created in over 50 years ago. These lots provided free access to the water. With the rail in place you will be forced to use the state access points at seven dollars a visit. Many of us Pay the yearly fee and use these lots to save a long dangerous walk to the water via or for just a few hours of fishing, boating, sailing, frolicking in the water. If you would like these access point to remain please call Greg Searles at 1 -801-227-8029 and express your concern. According to UDot the new rail was only contracted to replace the exiting rail which would have left these lots usable, but that is not what has happened. Please help all of the people who use Deer Creek maintain the access to the water they have enjoyed for 50 plus years.

I have been speaking with Greg and they would like to provide a answer to this issue, however the amout this lot gets used and its need is not clear to Udot. Please contact them and voice your concerns.

Billy
Last edited by bordy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bordy

Re: Parking area gone at Deer Creek. you can help!

Postby jason morton » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 am

Which lots are blocked? The small pullout along the highway that we were using last summer? The BWB lot in front of the houses? That sucks!!!
jason morton

Postby bordy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:26 am

Currently the small lot is railed in. Call the dude tell him you use this lot and why can't you now? They would like to help us out, but don't seem to think this lot gets used very often so no big whoop.
bordy

Postby jason morton » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 am

The interin director of UDOT is Carlos Braceras. He is a longtime windsurfer who sails the gorge regularly. I don't think he windsurfs here in Utah very often but I know he has a sailboat at the GSL. He is a very nice guy. I'll try to find contact information for him as well.
jason morton

Postby bordy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:01 pm

I spoke with Greg and Carlos today and hopefully the guardrail be moved and the parking lot will be there for years of enjoyment
bordy

Postby Ralph Morrison » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:14 am

Way to go Billy!!
Ralph Morrison

Postby jason morton » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Nice work Billy. Hopefully you had the phone over your right ear and not your left when they told you that!!! ha
jason morton

Postby Marty Lowe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Once again Billy is at the fore front for protecting access issues and taking the lead in critical UWA issues.

Thanks Billy.
Marty Lowe

Return to Main Message Board