Thank You, Membership Chairman, Rick McClain...

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Thank You, Membership Chairman, Rick McClain...

Postby RickHeninger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Rick McClain has handled incoming membership requests and helped people to register for a couple of years now... I want to Thank him for many hours he has dedicated to his task... And I am sorry to hear about the recent passing of his mother... He has given countless hours of service to helping her quality of life to be as pleasant as possible.

He will be moving within the next year and therefore requested that I announce that he would train anybody willing to take his place as UWA Membership Chairman. We would love to have you on the board and will vote you on at the meeting next week.

You should have a basic understanding of computers and website maintenance. If not, he'll train the right person to do so. If you have interest please let us know...

Thank You, Rick Heninger.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Re: Thank You, Membership Chairman, Rick McClain...

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 am

Speaking with Todd now,
he has expressed intest in this position.

I'd like to nominate Todd J.

Can I have a second?

And, post any nays, if there any.
Marty Lowe

Postby RickHeninger » Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 am

Seconded!

Call me Todd
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby Todd Jacques » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

to be clear I want the UWA survive. I have been apart of it for 20 years. joined in 1996. I am unsure what it is going on here. I am not sure I want to commit to this until I feel this organization has common ground. Why was Peter not included in these changes?
Todd Jacques

Postby Marty Lowe » Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 pm

At the meeting it was proposed that a Kite committee replace the kite presidency just as the windsurf side has a committee, not a w/s president.
4 volunteers stepped forward and a vote was taken without any opposition.
A committee can handle the access issues that will arise more effectively than 1 person presidency.
If anyone else wanted in, they should have opposed and started a discussion.

It was brought up here

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10990
Marty Lowe

Postby RickHeninger » Sun May 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Todd... Marty... And UWA members... I truely believe we will be stronger and more aware of our dynamics after this sorts out. There are too many great people involved.

Let's be patient... Forgiving... Etc. Etc... Why not?
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 am

I thank the UWA for the opportunity, but I will be silent now. Good luck to all that are trying to secure our launches. I will use them until I cannot anymore. Marty and Rick thanks for the opportunity and the offer but I must move on.
Todd Jacques

Postby bordy » Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 am

Todd Jacques wrote:to be clear I want the UWA survive. I have been apart of it for 20 years. joined in 1996. I am unsure what it is going on here. I am not sure I want to commit to this until I feel this organization has common ground. Why was Peter not included in these changes?

I believe it was based on Peters Tenure and Performance as president.

This item was researched among the community the General commonsense was a Board and not a Person. Peters name came up for a couple of non administrative options, and Peter Recently Removed him self from any duties he had left, due to personal reasons.
bordy

Postby Kenny » Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

I think we all have to remember that all UWA officers are UNPAID. It is sad that there has been so much criticism thrown around towards people that are trying to give back to the community in their own way. Granted, mistakes have been made (I made plenty trying to forecast the weather last winter).

I would like to see a little more unity. We need to stick together, not squabble like cats in a burlap sack.

I wish to thank all of the members of the UWA that have given their precious time to make the club great.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Main Message Board