Thank you, for your patience.

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Postby bordy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:30 pm

I would like to express my thanks to all that dealt with my, passionate and long winded, on the spot surprise to a topic at Breviewes. This topic was only open to discussion to the select few of us who could try and enjoy a evening together, I was obviously surprised such a important division of resource of our UWA would be given a short block of time to be discussed. My Response was a clear demonstration of that.

My overzealous response was over the top, It was a meeting in a Bar-beer-food-movie house and I enjoyed all the services they provided on this wonderful night. As so Many of you know my stoke amplifies, at kiting events, trips, spots and nitelife. I was enjoying the freedom, out side of my home and children I so rarely get.

I only prepared for one topic and felt I had the ability to perform my task. 1. Big thank you to Peter Miller for his time to the UWA, and his awards, Thank you Peter! 2. Nominate four members for the new kite government.

Many of you also know I bring this Passion to the Beach to the water, to the sail and to the community and its representation. This Issue I felt needed much more discussion, among the community of windriders. and my tack was poor on a Night that should be filled with jubilation.

I apologize to those whose introduction to our community, our members and their guest, and host if I effected your evening negativity. This result was of coarse was not my intent.

I hope know one will judge the UWA on my poor reception and reaction to this important topic.

Billy Bordy, kite hooligan.
bordy

Re: Thank you, for your patience.

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Marty Lowe

Postby Todd Jacques » Sun May 05, 2013 11:14 am

Thanks for the apology. It is too bad there is such a divide now in our community. I just got off the phone with Peter, and it is too bad we treated him and others like this. Peter is good man. Peter tried and did a good job.
The back stabbing has to stop, or I am out and solo. If Don and you want to join a new club then go do it and good luck. seriously good luck. But if you want to salvage this organization then unite.
Todd Jacques

Postby RickHeninger » Sun May 05, 2013 1:16 pm

(from Android phone)

Thank You... Bordy.... I apologize for rushing things and not having the time to explain things more clearly. I had time to call or talk in person to a few people in our community who have given time, blood, sweat, tears. I really think we can make the UWA stronger for having opened up genuine dialogue. My heart just hates me for being where I am.

Over the past seven years people who kite, windsurf, and both, have had ideas. For events, projects, parties, charities, etc. Being in my position I have continued to be faced with the simplequestion of well will kiteboarders like that the UWA buys a beginner windsurf rig for the people to checkout and use. Most kiteboarders would be totally cool with that. But this is where my position or the conundrum is. There are and were always a number who wouldn't like that. Kiteboarding community, whom I love btw, wants to put a solar powered windmeter right at SSB or Lincoln beach. Once again most windsurfers laid back and fine, but some would question. Windsurfers want a windmeter right at PBH, Island beach, Sulphur... We only have so much money and we also use different sites . A windmeter on Rush... Yeehaw and giddyup from both sides.

So I was and am ONLY trying to make this conundrum go away and keep us stronger. It exploded in my non-faceguard wearing face... The various accts. were just to give power and right to lighten the clog if you will. Give power to Kite community to use our resources for Kspecifikiteboarding issues and same for windsurf. While keeping the UWA website, swaps, annual meeting and others as unified cos
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby RickHeninger » Sun May 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Cont'd
...costs... This was only to help facilitate things getting done but embrace wisely and judiciously our realities. BUT NOT TO DIVIDE THE UWA. JUST ACCOUNTS. And if ever there were big legal isues, heavens yes we'd ALL contribute. The Kiteboarding Board and Windsurfing boards would have complete control of their accounts to do progressive improvements. Which would help encourage membership renewals. Win Win Win. Was the idea.

In the past, we have had meetings at Rocky Mtn Pizza. They serve beer there. They serve beer at Brewvies... Only diiference is the UWA doesn't cover any beer at Brewvies... In the future perhaps we should meet at a library or stakehouse. ;)) ... And then unite at Brewvies for flicks. Whatever the case may be. I hope this sheds a little light into my reasoning. For my mistakes. Oops. I will live and learn, and I hope we come out of this on top.

Sincerely,
UWA interrim Chair
Rick Heninger.
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby bordy » Sun May 05, 2013 11:38 pm

This item should never had been brought up with out discussing it with the board. My reaction clearly was of surprise why should I sacrifice my own blood sweat and tears, if to not have input on items based on discussing them with the community, there was around five second of discussion for the kite community to weigh in on this item, that is unfair.

You called a few bros about YOUR plan, asked one kiter Marty, and then brought up at the public meeting.

Why even have a system of sailors representing their community when Rick making a few phone calls is good enough? That's not a association, that is not the community we have built, that's one dude making calls...for us all?

Although, I may have ben belligerent, I was disappointed first.
bordy

Postby bordy » Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 pm

:))) :( :??
Last edited by bordy on Mon May 06, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bordy

Postby bordy » Mon May 06, 2013 12:00 am

Todd Jacques wrote:Thanks for the apology. It is too bad there is such a divide now in our community. I just got off the phone with Peter, and it is too bad we treated him and others like this. Peter is good man. Peter tried and did a good job.
The back stabbing has to stop, or I am out and solo. If Don and you want to join a new club then go do it and good luck. seriously good luck. But if you want to salvage this organization then unite.

totally irrelevant to my behavior or this topic, no one back stabs, Peter, I haven't spoken to Peter in months for any reason but UWA issues for a hour meeting.

it is common knowledge that I feel Peter Millers safety and kite antics are contour productive to our community, because of that Peters feeling for me are his own to have. I also clearly remember being the person who nominated Peter Miller for the position of kite president after my own term ended, so he could have the chance he wanted to lead the community. I also fielded questions for a year why he had a second term.

Todd If you are going to listen to one persons phone calls, perhaps you should speak with others involved, before posting comments about back stabbing...feels like you just put a knife in Don and my backs...in a post that has nothing to do with Peter..... Peter was elected for one year, and because of Ricks failure to hold elections for the kiters the next year, he coasted into another year. That is two years of service from Peter and we all thanked him for them. Why is his name and the phone call he made to you relevant, I was apologizing for my behavior at the meeting, not looking to create a discussion about Peter Millers phone call with you or backstabbing in our community?

if you would like to go out and solo, then good luck to you, as well. I can think of several issues I personally have tackled for you, and primarly you. It would be great if you took care of your future needs on your own, that would be less work for me..
bordy

Postby Don Losee » Mon May 06, 2013 12:18 am

Todd you have lost your mind.
Don Losee

Postby bordy » Mon May 06, 2013 12:32 am

Todd, would you prefer, Peter Miller performs my tasks, simple question.

Perhaps that is the meaning of your post and the reason you brought up Peter you would prefer he represents the kite community, and not the committee, or would you prefer he handles my task? I would love your answer.
bordy

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 am

Don and Bordy. Don't worry I quit the UWA. You win take it over. You are both bully's in ways. Thank you both for helping make my mind up. It is much easier knowing that I don't have to deal with you two now.
I hope there are no bad feelings between us, but I have had enough of the bullying. Good luck to all.
Todd Jacques

Postby bordy » Mon May 06, 2013 1:31 pm

So you don't want to answer these questions Todd?
bordy

Postby bordy » Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

to much angry venting in our public forum that should have been private was here.......It is now delete.

I tend to use the website like a phone and foget everyone is here. I am learning...
Last edited by bordy on Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bordy

Postby Todd Jacques » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm

:!:
Todd Jacques

Return to Main Message Board