Message to members, Future of UWA

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Message to members, Future of UWA

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri May 03, 2013 10:43 pm

I would like to let UWA members and forum followers know,
that the current UWA members of the board of directors and the KIte committee and W/S committee
that over the years and last night have been voted into those positions,
are having discussions on proposals, to propose, to the paying members of the UWA to eventually vote on.
In the near future we will have these proposals for the direction of the UWA on this forum for open discussion.
We are moving forward as an association of windriders.
Growing pains are inevitable.
This may not happen quickly, everyone is a volunteer and it will take time.
but it will happen, be patient with your voted directors.

We have kiters that have stepped up to take on these responsibilities and need to feel our way into the fold.
Voted into the Kite committee, Kenny, John G, Billy, Myself and Todd as the new Membership chairman.

If you want a voice in the future of UWA, NOW is the time to be a vested member and join UWA.
It's not about the money for joining, it's about the numbers needed to further our combined cause, mainly access issues that are coming in the future.

Join here...NOW...membership.php

Edited...

The first thing we as director discusssed is that we will keep the social event just that, a social event, with minimal UWA business.
Last edited by Marty Lowe on Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Lowe

Re: Message to members, Future of UWA

Postby Todd Jacques » Sun May 05, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks for the update Marty. I think what you stated is great.

I think we should hear from the other board memebers? Kenny, John, Craig, and Josh, and other outstanding members?
Among some topics Who will replace Rick H as President?
Who will replace Rick McClain?
Who is on the boards? Thursday night was bad and any votes that took place need to be re-evaluated?
who else want to speak up?
Todd Jacques

Postby Marty Lowe » Sun May 05, 2013 5:06 pm

Rick I hope I didn't over step my boundaries by quoting you here from another post. Marty

RickHeninger wrote:from Android phone)
Over the past seven years people who kite, windsurf, and both, have had ideas. For events, projects, parties, charities, etc. Being in my position I have continued to be faced with the simplequestion of well will kiteboarders like that the UWA buys a beginner windsurf rig for the people to checkout and use. Most kiteboarders would be totally cool with that. But this is where my position or the conundrum is. There are and were always a number who wouldn't like that. Kiteboarding community, whom I love btw, wants to put a solar powered windmeter right at SSB or Lincoln beach. Once again most windsurfers laid back and fine, but some would question. Windsurfers want a windmeter right at PBH, Island beach, Sulphur... We only have so much money and we also use different sites . A windmeter on Rush... Yeehaw and giddyup from both sides.

So I was and am ONLY trying to make this conundrum go away and keep us stronger. It exploded in my non-faceguard wearing face... The various accts. were just to give power and right to lighten the clog if you will. Give power to Kite community to use our resources for Kspecifikiteboarding issues and same for windsurf. While keeping the UWA website, swaps, annual meeting and others as unified cos

Cont'd
...costs... This was only to help facilitate things getting done but embrace wisely and judiciously our realities. BUT NOT TO DIVIDE THE UWA. JUST ACCOUNTS. And if ever there were big legal isues, heavens yes we'd ALL contribute. The Kiteboarding Board and Windsurfing boards would have complete control of their accounts to do progressive improvements. Which would help encourage membership renewals. Win Win Win. Was the idea.

In the past, we have had meetings at Rocky Mtn Pizza. They serve beer there. They serve beer at Brewvies... Only diiference is the UWA doesn't cover any beer at Brewvies... In the future perhaps we should meet at a library or stakehouse. ;)) ... And then unite at Brewvies for flicks. Whatever the case may be. I hope this sheds a little light into my reasoning. For my mistakes. Oops. I will live and learn, and I hope we come out of this on top.

Sincerely,
UWA interrim Chair
Rick Heninger.[/quote]
Marty Lowe

Postby Marty Lowe » Sun May 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I think the devil is in the details that we need to work out.

Unless I am totally incorrect, we are still one united UWA.

Proposals, with details will eventually be brought to the members for a vote.

At this time, we do not have a great way to even vote online.

Todd, if you will take the position of Membership Chair, that Rick McClain has to give up,
you should have access to those kinds of things in the background of this web site.
You have the computer skills.
Marty Lowe

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm

I edited the last line of my original post to add....

The first thing we as director discusssed is that we will keep the social event just that, a social event, with minimal UWA business.
I doubt that we need any kind of vote on that.

Pretty sure some see it as a social event and put on the party a little early.

And

Thanks Rick for working on getting Polls on this forum.
I see it as a way for members to vote when directors put proposals together to vote on.
Marty Lowe

Postby John Guay » Mon May 06, 2013 9:05 pm

I just returned from some very cold wind in South Padre and it sounds like I missed one heck of a party. I hope I can be of some help to UWA on the Kite Committee. I also hope that however the current proposals are resolved, UWA continues to be a unified group of windsurfers and kiters. We share a passion for windriding and a common interest in good access and safe riding. Pray for wind!
John Guay

Return to Main Message Board