Introducing a new kite brand: Adi Kites

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Introducing a new kite brand: Adi Kites

Postby Leo Chan » Mon May 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Some of you probably have seen the kites I have been flying the last few months. These kites are not available anywhere in the US yet because I am the US distributor for these new kites. When I was in Vietnam for 2011 to 2012, I went to Mui Ne and saw a new kite brand I've never seen before. Half of the kite schools there use their kite for teaching as well. I decided to find out more about the kite and learn that it is a new company, started by a guy from Canada (Adi) who have been living in Mui Ne for a few year, kiting pretty much everyday. I tried the 2012 models and love how they feel. Since it is new, it has no presence anywhere outside of Vietnam except from those who bought his kites when they visited Vietnam. I talked him into let me be the US distributor. So, I brought a few kites with me back to Utah in the fall and started testing the kites. I don't want to sell something that is defective. After a year of testing, I cannot see any difference between Adi's kites and other more expensive brand kites.

Being an amateur I am, the kites take a lot of abuses on the snow, the road and the bushes. So far, the only small tear I got was from a hard crash in Lincoln Beach in that gusty day in late April. The bladder and LE didn't even get scratched! The construction is very strong. The kites are made by the same factory that makes most kite brands not named Ozone or North. The head office is in Hong Kong and I visited them already.

My goal, and the designer's goal as well, is to bring in a kite line that is affordable to the average guys like me, without sacrificing performances. The kites might not be as good as some of the more expensive brands in terms of performances in racing. Otherwise I see no difference in other areas. I've tried other smaller brands' kites and I can say that my kites are better in handling. I went from not able to do much on the water to getting 6 to 8 seconds hang time in a few sessions with my kites.

As with any product, user inputs and continuous improvement is are important as anything else. So, I want to invite you to try my kites. I have couple of demos you can take for a ride a few days if you like. I also have a few kites I can sell you for demo price so that you can see if my kites are worth the "risk" of buying a new brand kite. You will have someone who can get you just about anything very quickly here in Utah! And the best part? The price! Even when I have to sell the kites in full price, the starting price for a complete setup will still be less than a one year old used kite.

There are only two models: The bridal-C shape Axis and the crossover Ignite. I have been riding the Ignite all these time. But the Axis is a favorite amount those who like freestyle and boosting powers.

Message me if you like a test ride! 801-960-8135 or email: leo.us@adikites.com

Warm winds!

Leo
Leo Chan

Return to Main Message Board