Wetsuit Size

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Wetsuit Size

Postby TalmageHansen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:51 pm

hey-

I am looking to buy a wetsuit and I am unsure how thick it needs to be. I'm wanting to use it for the colder weather so I can kiteboard at the beginning of spring and end of fall.
TalmageHansen

Re: Wetsuit Size

Postby andrewcarey44 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 am

I would check out dogfunk.com as they are associated with backcountry.com. You can buy and pick up anything from their website at their warehouse here in SL. You cant beat their no questions lifetime gaurantee! Anyway, that being said I have a 4/3 Xcel Drylock wetsuit that I got at the end of last year, I rode with it Nov. 1st at Utah Lake. I think it is plenty thick for here and combined with some booties, gloves and a hood its unstoppable. I paid probably around $250 for it on a screaming deal. So in my opinion 4/3 is the thickest you will need. I also have a cheaper 3/2 O'Neil that I picked up for like $90 from REI that is good for warmer a bit warmer days. I just found this on whiskeymilitia.com in their "private stash" section that they have Xcel wetsuits on sale for killer prices. Check it out soon because the prices only last a few days.
andrewcarey44

Postby Jason Klein » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:22 am

I'd go with a 5/4 if your intention is for very early or very late season. you'll want a 3/2 for a good chunk of the season, and the overlap with a 4/3 doesn't make a lot of sense.
Jason Klein

Postby andrewcarey44 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Good point Jason. I got my 4/3 for a great deal and its the high end drylock Xcel suit so I have never needed anything more last fall. We will see how it does this spring as I am itching to get out on the water.
andrewcarey44

Return to Main Message Board