Snow Kite Monday and Tuesday

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Snow Kite Monday and Tuesday

Postby Paul P » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi,

I am visiting PC the next couple of days. After a fruitless day waiting for wind at Skyline today I am hoping for better the next couple of days. Tomorrow later in the day, and Tuesday are looking good. Strawbs and Skyline are the two places I know near PC. Post if you can go / want to carpool. Suggestions of where to ride based on the forecast would be welcome too. Heard there is good kiting in Logan and Powder Mtn but do not know much else about those spots.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul P

Re: Snow Kite Monday and Tuesday

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:46 am

Skyline should be very good on Tuesday. Strawbs on Weds (if the rain doesn't rot out the snow).
Today looks pretty marginal (to me).

-Craig
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby bordy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Craig Goudie wrote:Skyline should be very good on Tuesday. Strawbs on Weds (if the rain doesn't rot out the snow).
Today looks pretty marginal (to me).

-Craig

Still plenty of snow at strawbs and the ice is 30 inches thick on the res.

Heres some pics Tommy took Sat!!!

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2347593
bordy

Postby Paul P » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 pm

It looks like tomorrow will be my last day of snow kiting this season :cry: ... Craig, you were right. Really light up at Strawberry today. I rode but it was on and off. Snow was fantastic though. What is the deal with Strawberry on a SW day?? I would rather not drive 2 hours tomorrow to Skyline. The wind is supposed to be good and if its worthwhile I will make the trip. Its just that I have 4, 10 hour days driving to get home starting on Wed. Last thing I want is more drive time this week..... unless of course, Strawberry will suck and Skyline will be great (not to mention its the wrap up of a really fantastic season!).

Paul
Paul P

Postby Brian Fox » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:48 pm

hey Paul..I met you at Skyline the other day when it wasn't blowing...thanx for the beer by the way! Tomorrow it will blow for sure at Skyline or Powder Mt. The terrain at Powder isn't as good as Skyline but the wind is really good and tomorrow is a for sure I'd say. Its up Ogden canyon so prob like an hour from Salt Lake? The area is pretty big and open just not that steep...anyways nice to meet you and good luck!
Brian Fox

Postby Paul P » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Brian,

Nice meeting you too. Wish I brought a six pack each to ease the pain!! Had my share of skunkers this year for sure.

Always game to try out a new spot. Can you give me more info on Pow Mow in Ogden? The access to the ride spot does seem obvious from what I have heard about it? I am not gliding (yet) so steep hills are not high on my list. Some rolling hills or slope for jumping is all I really want.

Best,

Paul
Paul P

Return to Main Message Board